by Penny Belle Carter (*edited for clarity and grammar)
I got to go see Be More Chill at Lincoln Community Playhouse last night. It was a birthday treat because I turn nine today! I didn’t see any other kids there, but it was not too much for an almost-nine-year-old. There are some cuss words, but it wasn’t a big deal. It was a really good play. Here are some of my favorite things about it:
- Favorite Actor: Dawson Price as Rich
- He really fit his character, and I thought he was great.
- Favorite Actress: Chloe Schwarting as Brooke
- She did good with her character, and I really liked “Do You Wanna Ride?”
- Favorite Songs: “Pitiful Children” and “Michael in the Bathroom”
- “Pitiful Children” was really dramatic
- “Michael in the Bathroom” was really emotional, and the singer (Austin Rousseau) was really good.
- Favorite Funny Moment: “I Love Play Rehearsal”
- When Christine (Claire Wilkinson) pretends to be a velociraptor, it was really funny. She was awesome!
- Favorite Dancer: Salvador Diaz-Debose
- He is an amazing dancer!
- Honorable Mentions:
- The background characters in “Halloween Party” were so funny and so good!
- When The Squip gets pulled off at the end of the play, that was really good too.
If you go: Remaining performances of Be More Chill at Lincoln Community Playhouse (2500 South 56th Street) are October 26, 27, 31, and November 1-3. Thursday, Friday, Saturday at 7:30 p.m. Sundays at 2:00 p.m. Saturday, November 2, includes a 2:00 p.m. matinee. Tickets are available online and at the LCP box office.
For a more traditional review of Be More Chill, click here.
Penny Belle Carter is a third-grader at Sheridan Elementary. She plans to attend Irving Middle School, then Lincoln High, then NYU, then be a Broadway star.
As always, if you like this content and want to see more, please join our email list and follow us on Facebook!