Lincoln Community Playhouse will hold auditions for the Season 76 opener, The Fantasticks, on July 18 & 19 at the Playhouse. Auditions begin at 7:00 p.m. and actors should sign-up for a one-hour slot below. LCP often features actors who are making their Playhouse debut and sometimes even performing in their first play. For the safety of the production, all actors must be fully vaccinated by the audition date. Performances are September 9-12 and 17-19.
Roles are available for one female-identifying, five male-identifying actors, and two flexible roles. Actors are asked to bring sheet music and will be asked to sing 32 measures of music (around 2-3 minutes) from a Broadway show (music from The Fantasticks will be allowed) and asked to read a monologue, which are provided below. Roles are for ages 16 years and older.
The Fantasticks, by Tom Jones and Harvey Schmidt, is the world’s longest running musical (44 years in NYC). This funny and romantic musical is about a boy, a girl, and their two fathers who try to keep them apart. It is a world of moonlight and magic, rich with breathtaking poetry, theatrical flourish, and a beautiful score which includes “Try to Remember.” It is a timeless fable of love.
Morrie Enders will direct with Jack Forbes Wilson as music director and Ted Blessing as choreographer.
The Fantasticks is sponsored by Nebraska Lottery and Firespring. Season Sponsor is Russ’s Market. Season Media Sponsors are Alpha Media, 10/11 Cares, and Lincoln Journal Star.
- Audition Registration – Ages 16 years and older.
- The Fantasticks – FAQ Sheet – Please review – includes rehearsal, performance and safety information.
- Roles – Audition Monologues do NOT have to be memorized. Copies will be provided at the audition.
- Audition Scene – LUISA
- Audition Scene – MATT
- Audition Scene – HUCKLEBEE
- Audition Scene – BELLAMY
- Audition Scene – EL GALLO
- Audition Scene – HENRY
- Audition Song – THE MUTE – The Mute is a movement focused role. If interested, you must audition Sunday, July 18. This is the music for the movement that will be taught at the audition.